There are so many beautiful pictures related to life science out there in journals and on the internet. Can you also capture your scientific research in an appealing photo? Send us your most striking images to participate in our Annual Scientific Image Competition.
- Participants must be undergraduate/postgraduate students or postdocs/research associates in LIFS at HKUST.
- Only one image per contestant is allowed.
Submission deadline and method:
- All images for the 2022 contest must be submitted no later than Friday, March 31, 2023.
- Please click here for the submission method.
- All types of image technologies can be used (e.g., photography using either natural light or other spectra, optical or electronic instruments, computer-generated images, models, drawings, diagrams, graphs, etc.).
- Images must be directly related to and created in the context of the participant’s research, associated with any field of life sciences.
- Participants must be the creator of the image and must own all rights to the image.
- An image may be enhanced or modified, but any changes must not alter its meaning. For example, colorization and graphic processing of images using software such as Photoshop are permitted to clarify or accentuate certain content, but these changes must not misrepresent or distort the content.
- Entries must be submitted in the original format as high-resolution .tiff, .jpeg or .png and not in a compressed file. Maximum size: 100MB. Minimum resolution: 2400 x 3000 pixels at 300 dpi
The judging panel will select 5-10 finalists from the image received. These finalist images will be posted on the LIFS web pages.
The first place Prize is HKD 2,000 Gift Coupon, the second place is HKD 1,000 Gift Coupon, and the third place is HKD 500 Gift Coupon. In addition, some participants among the finalists will receive consolation prizes. The awards will be presented at the PG Seminar in Spring Semester.
Entries will be published on LIFS web pages and other HKUST promotional materials. By entering the competition, participants consent to the use, reproduction, publication, transmission and dissemination of their images. Copyright will remain with the creator. Credit will be given to the image’s creator in all publications.